Monday, May 12, 2008

Minnesota Trip: April, 2008

Janna and JR have a new Aunt! The family jumped up to Minnesota to officially welcome Debra into the family. This seems silly, as Brent (Jeff's brother) and Deb have been together longer than Jeff and I have. Still, it was a joyous occasion, and the kids loved the trip.

Let us start with the flight up there. We left a little later than we should. Well, a lot later. We were on time by schedule, but I tried to avoid an argument with Jeff and decided to try leaving a little later. Well, it turns out, that was a bad idea. We missed our flight, leaving us SIX HOURS in the Orlando Airport.
Now, as it turns out, 6 hours in MCO really isn't all that bad. The kids got to do some shopping with me at the Sea World, Disney, and Universal stores in the mall. We rode the elevator with the windows, ran around the airport, and looked at the big airplanes. I actually think the kids had a blast.
Sitting with Snow White:

At the Harley-Davidson store: And, on the airplane after all was said and done: While up in the Twin Cities, we were "blessed" with a very late snow. Now, Aunt Deb - in her beautiful white strapless dress - did not feel so blessed. However, considering I have two Floridans for children, we sure did feel it.

The kids with Deb's Dad, Jay: Janna with her Uncle Brent:

Snowflakes on tongues:

No comments: