Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas time is here again...

I thought I would grab some pictures of the house during the holidays.

First, I want to share my collection of Department 56 homes. Since I was a little girl, I wanted to create a village. They came to life in my imagination as a child, and I promised myself I would have one when I "grew up." I started collecting them the year Jeff and I were married, and now it's become quite the collection.

My Dad built a table last holiday season, and we re-built it for this one. I can probably sneak in a few more houses, but then we're going to have to go to plan B.

Down the "street" one direction. Note the church in the very back. It's one of my favorites.
Down the "street" the other direction.

The Christmas tree lot.

I love this little nativity that lights up. Stockings, but no fireplace.
The new centerpiece I made this year.
Bells and the lighted garland in the background.
The tree, so much more brilliant at night.
The Christmas toy collection. I buy the kids one or two new pieces every year. Then we bring out the old stuff to. The kids love playing with their "new" toys each year. The funny thing is...I bought Janna these Peekablocks before JR was even born. This year, JR discovered them and spent 30 minutes looking inside and studying. I would have thought they were too juvenile and "boring." Shows you what I know!

No comments: