Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sports, games, and swimming

Janna is signed up for 8 weeks of activities this spring: A youth class called Sports and Games, and then her swimming lessons she started in the fall.

I was really impressed with how quickly Janna fell right back into it. I expected a backslide, but it was almost like the winter gave her brain time to assimilate all the stuff she learned in the fall. She picked it RIGHT back up! The Happy to be back little girl.

Swimming to the teacher all on her own. LOVE this picture.

Here's Janna pushing herself to the bottom, then bouncing back up, all on her own.


And the cute boy watching...Sports and Games is basically 8 weeks of PE for four-year-olds. It teaches sportsmanship, and gives them a little intro to some sports.

This is the end of the first day. They colored and talked about nutrition. I'm glad I didn't have the kid that "hated fruit," Janna enthusiastically declared that apples were her favorite.

I love how she raises her hand here to talk. Everyone else was talking over each other, while Janna sat patiently and waited. Hooray for her preschool!

This was on Saturday, playing T-ball.

Playing with grass...
T-ball is boring - LET'S DANCE!




Up at bat.
A HIT! Run directly to...
Second base! That's the spot she was playing, so she thought she was supposed to run right back to it.

The teacher getting ready to show the kids how to run the bases.
Heading home...

She's really just getting all grown up...

No comments: